I heart NY.
Earlier this summer I also traveled to the Outer Banks for the first time. LOVED it. It is beautiful, feels slightly remote, and not as touristy as places like Ocean City or Hilton Head. I thought I would spend all my time on the ocean side, but I actually fell in love with the sound side. It is so cool that you can walk out in the sound for like a mile and still barely get your stomach wet.
I heart OBX.
When I saw that the theme for this week's Sunday Social was travel, I got giddy. Right up my alley!
1. What is the best trip you've ever been on? Um, no. I can't answer this with just one place. Last year I went on my first trip to Europe. We went to southern Germany and all over Italy. I must say Germany was not my first choice and I was so excited for Italy. However, I really enjoyed Germany and parts of Italy I was so hot I couldn't get into it. But, I loved Tuscany...would go again in a heartbeat. Another favorite vacation spot was San Francisco. I went there for over two weeks and still don't think I saw everything I could have. It is an amazing place. Finally, I would never turn down the beach and I think OBX overturned Hilton Head as my fav beach spot.
2. What is your best idea for a girls weekend trip? I would love a girls weekend in NYC or the beach. I have gone on day trips to NYC with a friend and had so much fun...theater, shopping, museums, LOVE! And a weekend on a sunny, sandy beach? 'Nuff said.
3. What is your best idea for a couples trip? Never been on a couples trip. :( Recently I have been designing a fake trip to Hawaii. I think this would be a great couples trip. There seems like there is so much to do there!
4. What is the best vacation on the cheap? My family used to go camping every summer. This is a cheaper way to travel and still so much fun!
5. What is the place you most want to visit? Hawaii, as mentioned. London and Ireland are also on the Pinterest board. I also CAN NOT wait for my first trip to the Florida Keys this Christmas. Just bought the plane ticket. :)