Wednesday, December 5, 2012

From Somewhere in New Jersey

I'm on the Megabus from NYC to Baltimore.


Today was a "mental health day" for Heather. Does anyone else suffer from extreme guilt when taking a day off of work? I do. I feel guilty that its a day when my students are learning. I feel guilty that someone else in the building may be acting as my substitute because we are either too cheap or its too hard to get a real substitute. It shouldn't be that way. I should be able to use the personal day that I am given to use in any way I see fit. I had fun. It's been 20 years since I have been to New York and I've been wanting to go back that whole two decades. By the way, when did I get old enough to say "it's been 20 years since I did that"? But, back to the topic, I rarely take days off, and have never called out sick in my five years at this school. Even when I had walking pneumonia and passed out in the shower. I'm dedicated and responsible and I don't like feeling like or being treated as though I'm not. The sad thing is that I think I'm the one making me feel guilty. Had to get that off my chest.




Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment