Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Social: All About Reading!

Sunday Social

1. Favorite childhood book: Without a doubt, the Sweet Valley High series! I think that I read every one that was published up until I turned 18 (ok, maybe a few after that as well...).

**And after reading other Sunday Social posts, I suddenly remember other books I was OBSESSED with as a child:




2. Favorite book lately: Unfortunately, during the school year my reading level decreases to kindergarten. Or I get engrossed in a teaching how-to book. My reading for pleasure either disappears or has to be something I can finish in a weekend afternoon. I have issued beginning a book and not finishing it. I've been reading a lot of quick, so-so, chick-lit books lately. I love a good chick-lit book, but I have fallen in love with any of them. The last book I devoured was The Hunger Games, especially the 1st and 2nd one.

3. Book you wish you could live in: NOT The Hunger Games!:) I am going to cheat and just say any book set in the South. Books always make me fall in love with southern hospitality and beauty, even though the humidity would make me murder someone.

4. If you could be any character from a book who would it be and why: Back to Sweet Valley High - I just loved Elizabeth and really wanted to be her. Can't escape childhood. Especially in the grown-up version where she is living in New York now as a writer- LOVE!

5. Favorite book turned into movie: I would have to go with a kid's book because I think they ruin most adult books. So, I'll go with The Polar Express. It was beautiful in the book and the movie.



6. Favorite magazines: I get a lot right now because I was offered free subscriptions for 3 months for about 6 magazines! But, the only one I normally subscribe to is Glamour. I do like Reader's Digest as well, though.

4 comments:

  1. I still love me some Judy Blume :) And Ramona has always been near and dear to my heart. I never did see the movie though



    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw Polar Express, but I absolutely love that book. I used to read it every Christmas!

    -Lindsey
    followtheruels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete