Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sensations

I'm in the library, which is one of my favorite places of all time. I just sat down in a big, comfy chair, which is my favorite chair in the whole place. And I am in the study room, which is the best space in the whole library. So I am feeling pretty content.

As I was walking in this morning I was overcome with sensations. I love this time of the year. When I can wear comfy sweaters and jeans. When I can walk outside and feel sunshine but not heat. When I feel the cold, crisp air rushing past my face. When I can when my hair down and not sweat.

My roommate and I were talking this morning about how nothing tastes as good as food your mom cooked when you were little. Mostly because of the memories. As I sit in my big, comfy chair I think about my favorite sensations. These are sensations that evoke happy feelings, memories, or thoughts.

sight:
autumn leaves
the house that built me
the ocean
purple

touch:
soft fabrics
my cat's ears
cool sheets in the winter
my hair
my Mom's hands

smell:
old tupperware containers
old library books
campfires
fall air
spring air
Snuggle Blue Sparkle fabric softener

taste:
iced tea
mashed potatoes
cheese fries with ranch dressing
macaroni and cheese

sound:
the crinkle of newspaper
silence
campfires
crunching of leaves
crunching of snow
the squeak of hard-wood floors


No comments:

Post a Comment