Sunday, September 23, 2012

I Hate the Grocery Store...

And here are three examples as to why:

1. One time I was rolling my cart through the aisles and I came to a couple blocking the entrance to the aisle. I said "excuse me" but they didn't hear me. I moved closer to repeat it and the man caught sight of the movement and put his hand on the woman's back to move her aside. She looked at me, turned her nose up, and said "she needs to say 'excuse me'". That made me so angry because I did say "excuse me" and really why should I even have to? How is it more rude to allegedly not say "excuse me" than to blatantly block a path that is made for walking? UGH!!!

2. This morning the grocery store was extremely busy and the lines were long. When it was my turn to put my stuff on the belt, the lady behind me started doing it too! There was only one divider and it was between my stuff and the stuff of the person in front of me. She even went so far as to push my stuff forward to make room for hers while I was still unloading. WHAT??

3. My number one pet peeve at the grocery story is when I am using the self-serve checkout and people behind me start sending their stuff down the belt while I am still bagging. I am only one person and I never have that much stuff. Why can't people just wait 45 seconds for me to finish bagging my stuff?

I really believe the grocery store is one of those places that just shows who people really are. Not everyone is nasty. The woman who helped me pick up all the boxes of cereal I knocked over was a sweetheart. The people who kicked the boxes out of their way were not.

No comments:

Post a Comment