Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Travel Tuesday


When I was growing up, my family always took a vacation trip every summer. My parents are very outdoorsy and so we often went camping in a national or state park. When I was a teenager I just wanted to go to the beach so I'm not going to pretend that I always enjoyed those choices. But, nonetheless, we saw some great places and the travel bug stuck. The irony of it is I find myself drawn to a park when I am in need of recharging and I would go camping in a heartbeat if I had a camping buddy to join me.

One of my favorite family vacations happened after the loss of a part of my family. The winter after my older brother passed away, my dad made it his mission for us to spend an extended weekend together somewhere special. We ended up renting a condo in Deep Creek, Maryland. We didn't do much special, but we all knew the purpose was family quality time. So, my favorite memory from this trip is us sitting around the fire, wrapped in blankets, just talking.

Although, snow-tubing was fun too.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up at Travel Tuesday! A beautiful memory for you to have. Snow tubing looks pretty darn fun to me!

    Kerrie
    http://familyfoodtravel.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete